Driving in the wintertime in a state like Minnesota can be dangerous. Your employees’ safety is top priority, so we put together some safety tips for employees to follow. Take the list below seriously and share it with any employees that will be on the road during the winter.
Winter Driving Tips for Employees
Inspect Your Vehicle
- Test your battery, headlights, brake lights, and turn signals.
- Check fluid levels including oil, wiper fluid, and anti-freeze.
- Make sure tires are properly inflated.
- Turn on and test heater and defroster.
Winter Safety Kit
- Make sure to include a snow scraper, sand, jumper cables, flashlight, blankets, gloves, and boots in your safety kit during the winter. These items are essential if you get stuck out in the cold weather and must wait for help.
Let Your Car Warm Up
- Letting your vehicle heat up before you travel is important. It allows any ice or snow to melt off your vehicle for full visibility when you’re driving.
If Stuck In Your Company Vehicle
- You should stay in your car and turn on your hazards. In this situation you do not want to get lost by walking away from your car or overexert yourself by walking a long distance. Try calling for assistance and wait in your vehicle for them to arrive.
Your employees’ safety is not only top priority for you, but also for our EHS Management team. Learn about what we offer and the all the ways that we can help keep your employees safe at work on our website: https://ehs-mgt.com/